Thursday, 1 September 2016

Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to face the reality that Nigerians are suffering

Fayose  urged Buhari to listen to the advice of experts who know how to reposition the country’s economy. 

The governor made the comments via a statement released by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka. 

The statement reads in part: “The reality the President must face now is that there is too much hunger in the land. Nigerians are hungry, they are suffering and the President should listen to those more knowledgeable than him in terms of management of the country’s economy instead of seeing them as threats.”
“This style of sending the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC), Department of State Services (DSS) and other agencies of the Federal Government against anyone that offers suggestions on how to rescue the country from total collapse is not in the best interest of Nigeria and its suffering masses.

“Instead of adopting the usual style of trying to silence them with EFCC or ICPC, the President should listen to them and take their advice on board because they are expert in economic matters. “It is no longer about politics. Rather, it is about preventing hunger from exterminating Nigerians and I am sure the president himself knows that hunger does not understand political parties. “A bag of rice that was less than N8,000 when President Buhari assumed office is now over N20,000. How can a civil servant that is earning N18, 000 minimum wage survive when his monthly salary cannot buy one bag of rice? “Even basic drugs and medicare are getting out the reach of the common people and the resultant effect of t

his will be avoidable deaths. As at today, a bag of cement is N2,200, increment of N600 on one bag in just one day. Within four months, exchange rate rose with more than 150 percent.

Sunday, 28 August 2016

Nigeria's Buhari says Boko Haram leader 'wounded'

President Muhammadu Buhari said on Sunday that Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau is "wounded", 


 Nigeria's armed forces said on Tuesday that Shekau had been wounded in an air strike on Boko Haram's forest stronghold, but released no further statement or evidence confirming his condition. "We learnt that in an air strike by the Nigeria Air Force he was wounded," Buhari said in a statement from Nairobi, where he is attending a development conference. "Indeed their top hierarchy and lower cadre have a problem," Buhari said.

"They are not holding any territory and they have split to small groups attacking soft targets." Buhari said that Shekau had been "edged out" of the group, adding credence to claims that Islamic State (IS)-appointed Abu Musab al-Barnawi was now in charge of the insurgency. Signs of a power struggle in the top echelons of the jihadi group appeared earlier this month when Shekau released a video denying he had been ousted. Barnawi is believed to be the 22-year-old son of Boko Haram founder Mohammed Yusuf and was announced as the group's leader in August by ISIS.

 Buhari made his remarks from Nairobi this weekend where he is attending the Tokyo International Conference on African Development, a summit designed to boost ties between Africa and Japan.

The president also said he "is prepared to talk to bona fide leaders of Boko Haram" to negotiate the release of 218 Chibok girls captured by the militants in 2014. Boko Haram has ravaged northeast Nigeria in its quest to create a fundamentalist Islamic state, killing over 20,000 people and displacing 2.6 million from their homes.
 Turning to another major security concern in Nigeria, Buhari threatened militants sabotaging oil infrastructure in the southern swamplands of the Niger delta. "We will deal with them as we dealt with Boko Haram if they refuse to talk to us," Buhari said.
The country's petroleum minister has said that as a result of the ongoing attacks Nigeria's oil output has dropped 23 per cent from last year to 1.5 million barrels per day, according to Bloomberg News. Groups including the Niger Delta Avengers are demanding a greater share of oil revenues, political autonomy, and infrastructure development in the southern riverlands where despite massive oil wealth people still struggle to access basic health care and education. Buhari said his government was in talks with the some of the militants but said there was no "ceasefire", despite an announcement by the Avengers last week.

Wednesday, 8 June 2016

BOMBSHELL FOR BIAFRA!!! IGBO GROUPS ENDORSE NEW BIAFRA REJECTS NNAMDI KANU AND OTHERS (FULL DETAILS)

BOMBSHELL FOR BIAFRA!!! IGBO GROUPS ENDORSE NEW BIAFRA REJECTS NNAMDI KANU AND OTHERS.


The various Igbo groups agitating for a Sovereign State of Biafra have formed a unified body called Biafra Peoples National Council, BPNC, which the leaders believe would expedite action in actualizing Biafra.

The new body, however, exclude Chief Ralph Uwazuruike’s Biafra Independent Movement, BIM, and its faction of MASSOB.

 Also excluded is the detained Nnamdi Kanu’s Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB. The groups and leaders who formed BPNC include Uchenna Madu faction of MASSOB; Felix Obioha, Eastern Peoples Congress; Austin-Mary Ndukwu, Biafra Liberation Council; Osita Chuk¬wuagbanarinam, Salvation People- Biafra; and Jackson Nebechukwu, Ekwenche Organisation. Others are Adiele Chikadibia, Biafra Nations Youth League; Rev. Dr. Stanley C. Ajah, Biafra Revolution Organ¬isation; Prince Oliver Chi¬dozie, Biafra Liberation Crusade; Ayers Shi¬mobi, Biafra Movement for Sovereignty; Godwin Offor, Biafra Regional Emancipation Movement; Joseph Ohanenye, Bilie Organisation and repre¬sentative of Biafra in the Diaspora, Dr Chukwuma Egemba. In a communiqué signed by all their leaders after the All-Biafran Conference, ABC, organised by the Organisation of Emerging African States, OEAS, in Accra, Ghana from May 27 to 31, the newly formed BPNC would form a collegiate parliament comprising representatives of Biafra ethnic nationalities and pro-Biafra organisations.

 They said,“Biafra shall be a state founded on equity, fairness, justice, participatory democracy and egalitarianism and even development.” They also agreed that the administrative and political capital of Biafra should not be concentrated in one location but spread across the Biafran land. They added,

“These capitals shall include but not limited to; executive, legislative, judicial, cultural, economic, science and technology, agriculture and defence.” They also agreed to draw up a legal framework for the new Biafra state. The leaders lamented and condemned, “The attitude of the Commonwealth of Nations towards the senseless, cruel, inhuman, degrading and extrajudicial killings of more than 700 unarmed civilians of Biafran origin and proBiafran activists by various security apparatus of the Federal Government of Nigeria and its militias under the disguise of Fulani herdsmen.” Accusing the Commonwealth of playing double standards by not invoking sanctions on the Federal Government, they called on the body to “Immediately begin a process of expelling the Federal Republic of Nigeria from the Commonwealth of Nations.

JONATHAN DRAWS THE LINE FOR BUHARI – MR PRESIDENT YOU DID NOT INHERIT ANY EMPTY TREASURY

JONATHAN DRAWS THE LINE FOR BUHARI – MR PRESIDENT YOU DID NOT INHERIT ANY EMPTY TREASURY


Former President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, defended his government’s record on fighting corruption and denied his successor’s assertion that the country’s Treasury was left empty when he handed over power last year.
Jonathan, was succeeded in May 2015 by President Muhammadu Buhari, who accused the previous administration of looting billions of dollars and leaving the country’s finances “virtually empty.” 

Former President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan handing over reports of the 2014 National Conference to President Muhammadu Buhari.

“There’s no way he would have inherited an empty Treasury,” Jonathan said in an interview with Bloomberg Television in London, adding “It’s not possible.” Nigeria’s economy is contracting after a decline in the price of Brent by about half since the middle of 2014. Crude exports accounted in 2014 for as much as two-thirds of government revenue, with most state budgets relying on monthly handouts from the federal administration.

Sunday, 22 May 2016

Trump's campaign dwarfed by Clinton's

Trump's campaign dwarfed by Clinton's, FEC reports open up

 New FEC reports show that the likely Democratic nominee will start with a huge infrastructure advantage.

 At the outset of the general election, Hillary Clinton’s campaign looks like a well-oiled juggernaut next to Donald Trump’s vastly smaller, self-funded operation, a political analysis of Federal Election Commission reports filed Friday found.
 Through the end of last month, the period covered by the most recent FEC filings, Trump’s campaign had spent less than a third as much Clinton’s ($57 million to $182 million) and had assembled a staff about one-tenth the size of her (70 employees to 732), with a fraction as many offices (Trump last month paid $101,000 in rent vs. $328,000 for Clinton),

 the analysis found. Trump — a billionaire rookie candidate whose own money had accounted for 75 percent of the $59 million brought in by his campaign — is moving quickly to buttress his campaign operations, partly by launching a fundraising and field operation in coordination with the Republican National Committee.

 He did little to assemble the trappings of a traditional campaign during a chaotic primary during which he dispatched 17 rivals for the Republican presidential nomination, many of whom ran more traditional, and expensive, campaigns.
 The $57 million Trump had spent through the end of April is only slightly more than the $54 million spent by Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, who dropped out of the race more than two months ago, and it’s far less than the $81 million spent by Ted Cruz.

The Texas senator assembled a sophisticated micro-targeting machine that helped keep in the race until he dropped out this month, after being trounced by Trump in the Indiana primary. Last month, as Trump was struggling to put away Cruz, Trump’s campaign spent $2.7 million on advertising, while Clinton spent $12 million on digital and broadcast media buys, as she worked to put away her rival for the Democratic nomination Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

 Yet Clinton’s campaign appeared to be preparing for the general election, spending far less than Sanders, whose $207 million in total spending marks him as the cycle’s biggest spender. He continued spending briskly in April, dropping $38.6 million, as compared to $23.9 million for Clinton. Sanders spent almost twice as much as Clinton on media and payroll (despite a slightly smaller staff), as well as more on online advertising and direct mail. As a result, Sanders entered this month with only $5.8 million in the bank, compared to Clinton’s $30 million. Additionally, unlike either Sanders or Trump, both of whom have eschewed super PACs,

Clinton is backed by the deep-pocketed Priorities USA Action. It raised $8.6 million last month, more than a third of which came from Univision chairman Haim Saban and his wife, Cheryl, according to its FEC report, which showed it finished last month with $47 million in the bank.
 A handful of super PACs are vying to raise big money for Trump, but they have gotten off to a slow start, as they’ve struggled with in-fighting. And Clinton also has a massive head start over Trump when it come to analytics, polling and building models of likely voters and turnout plans. Trump, who only recently hired a pollster, still had not spent a dime on polling through the end of last month, while Clinton spent $896,000 in April alone.

 Trump did start beefing up other areas of his operation last month, his FEC report showed. For instance, he spent $931,000 on direct mail, as compared to only $398,000 spent by Clinton, according to her report. And Trump continued to be among the biggest spenders in field on branded merchandise, including his signature Make America Great Again hats. His campaign last month spent $856,000 on hats, t-shirts, mugs and stickers, versus the $88,000 Clinton spent on merchandise.